Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Cleaning house

      Been cleaning house. I guess you know what that means in terms of the book. Sigh. I got my 500 words, but I don't like them. They're okay, but they don't have the thrust that they need to have. And I had to drop the well scene for now. I haven't remembered what I intended. Yet.
      I hope everyone is doing okay. I'd like everyone to blog more, but I think I might have to just endure. That or find more blogs to read. No, y'all just blog more.
      A few changes to this blog that I haven't had a chance to mention. I added Holly's Silent Bounce to my blogs of interest, and below that, I added a new section of links that feature various cartoons I enjoy. I hope you will, too.
      My foot is doing much better. The week of bed rest -- however uncomfortable the illness made it -- helped it a lot. And I'm mostly over my illness, still taking my meds, but doing okay. Not quite healthy, but near enough to see daylight. And I appreciate feeling better. It's something you take for granted until you lose it. Something to remember in all sorts of things.
      And now for something different.

Haiku Us

Bare skin in moonlight
moves in patches of shadows
leaving me breathless.

One day I will sit
bold at your table of love;
crumbs won't be enough.

When we said I do,
you really meant you didn't
so I don't either

Copyright 2005. All rights reserved.

8 comments:

Powersleeper said...

Nice to hear you're feeling better.

Holly said...

I'm glad you're back and feeling better.

Thank you for the weblog link. Also delighted to see that you're another Spot the Frog fan.

And I loved the haikus. Particularly the second one, which fit a whole lot of emotion and backstory into three short lines.

night-rider said...

Haiku - good outcome from ahchoo and aching toe :)

Anonymous said...

When you finish cleaning your house head on over here!!!

Love the little poems!!!
-Texan Susan

Gloria Williams said...

I like the haiku, also. Thanks for sharing them.

I'm glad you're feeling better. I hope you will continue to improve. You'll remain in my prayers.

And when you finish Susan's house, head on over to mine! :)

Erudite Redneck said...

The ER household next! Bailey, the PWT dog, has done tore a Star Trek board game into a zillion pieces in our sun room.

Anonymous said...

Very glad to hear you're feeling better. I'll add my place to that long list of house cleaning requests (but, OK, I still couldn't let anyone else do it anyway, so you're off the hook).

I hadn't noticed your link to my blog before, so thanks.

Jean

CrystalDiggory said...

I didn't know you were cleaning houses, too! My could use a little help when you get down the list.

My favorite was the second one, too.