Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Woohoo!

      Finally Blogger let me on to post! I tried many, many, MANY times last night, and it only gave me an error page. I don't have much time now so just few brief things to tide us over until tonight:
      I have a new fridge. My old one, the beloved green Hotpoint of 22 years, finally died a slow death. Now I have a new white side-by-side Frigidaire from Sears with filtered ice and water available on the door. Cool! It provides cubed and crushed ice and has lots of shelves and storage space. It's not green, which is a good thing, and I got a good price for it. Sears seems to have good prices on most appliances, and they have great delivery guys in my town.
      My roomie purchased himself a new Ford F-150 last night. It's red, quad cab with hundreds of cup holders! Well, maybe not hundreds, but dozens ...
      I mailed my Christmas cards last night. Woohoo!
      I'm going to tackle the Christmas shopping this weekend and vow to have the majority of it done before the weekend ends. Thank heavens for 24 hour Walmarts.
      Likewise, my tree goes up this weekend, and I hope to finish putting up the lights outside. Well, one way or another, I will be finished with them. Some things you just have to let go and move on.
      The sun is actually shining today! Sunshine! Ahhhh ...
      Tomorrow afternoon I will pay off one of my debts. The first result of my five year plan. It feels good. I have a long way to go, but to quote an old proverb: "A journey of a thousand miles starts with one step."
      See you tonight, Blogger willing!

3 comments:

Trixie said...

Whoo hoo!!! I'm glad you were able to post! I was getting lonesome out in Blogland - I guess almost everyone got locked out. I managed to hit an open window but it took ForEVER!

Such good news you've shared! Makes me feel like I should get up out of this chair and go DO something productive for a change! Whoo hoo!!! Way to go, Tech!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on paying off the debt item, it's a good start. Oh I've never heard anyone refer to their fridge as beloved.
Randall

Unknown said...

Be free, be debt free....

Until you buy a house, that is ;-)