Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Trojan clocks and a little whine

      Night-Rider left a comment that she got a warning about a Trojan when she visited 51313 Harbor Street. (Don't say it, ER! Don't even think it.) The reason she did is that cool clock hovering around your mouse pointer. The code for it actually reads the date and time from your computer, which a firewall can interpret as a Trojan since it is, after all, getting data from your computer.
      If the time and date are wrong on your computer, the clock is going to be wrong, too. It's beyond my skill right now to get the time and date from the atomic clock and then adjust it to your time zone. I'm not going to keep the clock. I think it's too busy for this page, but I wanted to see if I could make it work.
      And now a little whine: I post my first chapter in a link yesterday, and I only get one comment on it? Sigh. Powersleeper is in my will. The rest of you will get nothing! ER did read a few pages at work and sent me a couple of emails about it. So he will get a pittance. And Crystal's being one of my first readers so she stays in the will. Well, I like the rest of you, too, so you're all back in the will, but I'm frowning at you mightily.

5 comments:

Trixie said...

No! No! Please, NO FROWNY!

I'm sorry. I was up really late last night, went to bed for a while, got up, read about half of your chapter, went back to bed and dreamed about it. And of course, I have to refuse to talk about it during the day. I read that somewhere...

SBB said...

AMBERCLEAR! So very cool to see you! I think this is the first time you've commented on this blog. I hope you drop in often. It's like Homecoming Week for former OSU students.

SBB said...

Amber's in the will! :)

SBB said...

Since you suffered a leafy loss, Frenzied, extension is thereby granted. :)

Anonymous said...

Tech, I loved it!!! It was exciting and full of information about your world but not so much to bore me. And you know how easy it is to bore me!!! I have the attention span of my kids now! :( Will there be love and sex later?;) We housegineers need that!
-Susan1