Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Falling off the wagon

      Perhaps it was stress from the fast approaching book deadline. Perhaps my remaining fat rose up in anger and took control of my body. Who knows? But tonight I fell off the Weight Watchers wagon. I fell gloriously.
      Oh, I know I shouldn't have, but I did. I had a delicious, fat-filled chicken dinner with mashed potatoes and gravy, freshly picked and lightly steamed whole green beans, and a cornbread muffin so sweet that it should have been classified as candy.
      How bad was I? I ate half of a chicken by myself.
      Why did I eat half of a chicken? Because they didn't give me a whole one.
      As I sit here, patting my extended stomach, I know that tomorrow I must get up, dust myself off and count them points. But tonight ... tonight I was naughty. And baby, it was good ...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

*Burp* ;-)

Anonymous said...

You were naughty!!! :) But I forgive you! It was good to talk to you last night about your fantastic book! I hope I helped. I really enjoyed it!!!
-Susan1

Gloria Williams said...

Tech, I've been on vacation, but I got back yesterday. I read your chapter. It was very good. I don't usually read fantasy, but I enjoyed it very much. It wasn't confusing and moved quickly. I'm looking ahead to when I can read it in book form! Good luck!

Erudite Redneck said...

Dude, if yer going to slip, THAT is the way to do it! Now, back in the saddle! Myself, I have agreed with myself to not worry about that sort of thing until I get this M.A. done! That gives me through the holidays. Come January, I will reclaim my house, my garage and my body, then come spring I will reclaim my garden and some other things I used to do that helped keep the weight off! .. What's that? How, you ask, is school? As of today, I have a low A. Yay for me! If that gargantuan book review I posted the other days is deemed worth a dang, maybe I will have a stronger A. We'll see.

Trixie said...

Congrats on being just a wee bit naughty! I hope you absolutely savored and enjoyed every delicious bite! But back up on the wagon with ya, now! You gotta be in shape for the book tour!
(Sorry, the exclamation points are a carry-over from an earlier conversation with ER about his grades! They are contagious!)